Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Random mess

I read an article in a magazine today that said people talk nicer to strangers than they do to their spouses.  I totally 100% believe this.  I have never understood why people treat strangers better than the people that mean the most to them.  I have seen it happen so many times and I myself admit to being nicer to strangers, too.  How sad.  I noticed today that the baby discovered his hand and how to clench and unclench his fists.  With purpose, not like a reflex.  I was rocking him and felt his hand reach up and grab my nose and squeeze, unsqueeze, squeeze, unsqueeze, like he was honking it.  He was also doing the same thing to his own head & hair, which made it look like he was scratching his head.  His hair is finally starting to grow back.  I think his head is a little less flat, too.  He started eating baby food/cereal at about 4 months old.  He is now 5 months old and can polish off two jars of baby food and a small bottle in one meal.  He is a good eater and will take almost anything, even the stuff he doesn't like and screws his face up at (it's a toss up between peas and green beans).  My exercise routine isn't going so well.  My workout partner got shin splints.  I already have no workout partner on the weekends, but now I probably won't have one on my work days either - fabulous!  I was horrible and did not work out all this weekend.  That's 3 days with no workout.  Pathetic.  I also cleaned out the cabinets and found a bunch of chocolate.  I ate like a pig and didn't bother to work it off, which doesn't bode well for my "lose 20 pounds by April" plan.  I have to try harder to stick to it, despite getting little to no encouragement or motivation. I am also going to try to write in here more often because it's important to me to record the baby's milestones.  I have already let too many of them slip through the cracks unrecorded. 

No comments: